Royyala Vepudu is a home style Andhra dish, simple to prepare and very tasty!
1lb fresh prawns
3 green chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp ginger/garlic paste
1 tsp ground garam masala
1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place shrimp in a Pressure cooker add salt, turmeric and water. Place this on the stove, cook for 3 whistles. Set aside.
2. Cut onions and chillies into thin slices.
3. For curry; place a pan on stove and add oil. 4. Then add cumin seeds, onions and chillies. Cook until golden in color. 5. Next add ginger/garlic paste to the onions and cook until oil seeps out.
6. Now add prawns and a little bit of salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder,
garam masala powder. Fry on low flame, until prawns turn a light brown color.
7. EAT with rasam and white rice.